Friday, August 29, 2008

Single again (for now)

Sorry I haven't been blogging this week but it's a pretty-hum ho week. My week pales in comparision to Scott's "man-trip" week. I'm pretty jealous of his daily escapades. What was the highlight of my day? Hmmm...let's see. I stay up until three in the morning every night and tonight I found Stanton had a open bag of those "2 flavors in 1 bag" doritoes. So, I spent five minutes picking out and snacking on just the "pizza" flavor chips. Just to mess with his head. He has no proof, not unless he remembered the original ratio of "pizza' to "ranch" flavor chips. And why does "pizza" just taste like the original "nacho cheese" chips? And when did "cool ranch" get downgraded to just "ranch?" Bad advertising move. You never want to downgrade your adjectives. Always go bigger. "cold ranch" or "arctic tundra ranch"

I'm just watching "paycheck" on TBS. I don't care what people say, Ben Affleck is a acting genius. Good thing he's handsome. With Scott gone, the only thing I can take comfort in is that I can sleep on his side of the bed which is directly in front of the TV.

So Scott's birthday was this past week. I love Scott but he is so hard to shop for. It's made worse that he always gets me great gifts. One year, he got enrolled me in a scuba diving certification class that...I still haven't taken. Little fear about breathing through a big straw. I'll admit that I get buyer's block when it comes to Scott. So here's been my unlucky traverse through finding the "perfect gift."

1. Wracked my brains trying to think what he brings up. A month (he says a couple of months ago), my wrist band on my watch broke. A watch is pretty mandatory for my job since everything is date/time stamped down to when you pick up something. So he let me use one of his watches...I assumed while he got my watch fixed. Lo and behold, turns out he thought I was going to get my own watch fixed. I firmly believe we should go with our strengths and that's not one of mine. So he kept bringing it up over and over again about how much he loves his watch. so, the friday before he left, I figured...as a PART (not the whole thing) of his birthday gift, I would go to Windward Mall and try to get my watch fixed so he could get his back. Aren't I sweet? Well, that darned boy, that morning, he tells me..."today, let's go to the mall and get your watch fixed." Hello, you ruined my whole surprise!!! When I told him my plan, he wasn't as thrilled as I thought he might be. He didn't seem to appreciate the depth of my gift...that I listened to what he really wanted. I might have mentioned that I considered the fact that if my watch band couldn't be fixed, I might have to buy myself a new watch to get him back his watch. I just considered it, I probably wouldn't have done it.

2. A few weeks before, I checked out his Amazon wishlist and bought a couple of things that he had on his list. That darned boy...if he doesn't go "Hey, just check out my amazon wishlist if you need ideas for my birthday. By the way, what did you buy today from Amazon for $....." Yes, because Scott checks out every single transaction that goes through our bank or credit card. How are you supposed to buy something for your husband in secrecy if he sees how much you spend every day? tell me please.

3. I actually thought of a great gift. Scott loves "Top Chef" and it just so happens that the winner of Season 1 has a restaurant in New York. So I called John-John and got the lowdown on their schedule...and then I tried to book reservations online. AAARGGGHHH!!! The restaurant in only open for dinner and Scott's nights are fully booked. I dunno, I think it's the thought that counts and this was my best idea EVER. Since it wouldn't work out, I told Scott my idea so maybe I at least could earn brownie points for it.

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka August 29, 2008 at 5:26 AM  

aww you think of the best birthday gifts. it is the thought that counts. but it doesn't matter, seeing you in a few days is enough of a present for me! love you!

keao August 29, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

"Me" is the best birthday present? What would I get you for Christmas then?

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP