Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Tim Olsen

Sheesh, where I have been? Work has picked up and I've switched to third watch which tends to be busier. Last week Thursday, the women of hope held chick flick night at the church. We watched "PS, I love you." It was a really good movie. I invited my sister who brought Lauren, my 16 month old niece. Little did we know that Lauren would not stay in the nursery. And we got her to sit still for a whopping 20 minutes by endlessly feeding her bon bons and juice. It only worked right up until the point that she got full and then she went buck-a-loose.

The clamshell was her playpen and she ran and yelled and laughed...and we got to watch about 80% of the movie. It was a real cute night. They sold snacks and gave away free popcorn. The movie did start skipping. So, Tim and Dural who were running video worked really hard to get it going again. And, if you can believe it, it was Tim's birthday. And he spent it helping out. Well, it was probably a smart move, spending your birthday surrounded by women.

The following Sunday, he got even more attention as his friends brought food and cake for his birthday and deemed him "the hunk of hope chapel." Not surprisingly, he was surrounded by females, yet again.




Birthday Cake

blowing out the candles

Tim and his new friend



Hope chapel hunk and the girls

The hunk of Hope chapel nuff said

4 comments:

Joy August 1, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

How funny!I wish I could have made it to the movie night, though it's sounds like if I actually wanted watch the movie it would have been better to watch it at home.How was the other movie night last night?

I'm so glad you're back. I was going through withdrawls.

Scott Sunaoka August 2, 2008 at 3:23 AM  

ooh i wonder if these pictures and the title of "hunk of hope chapel" are making dural jealous. you know both of them are honorary women of hope.

Joy August 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

You know I was thinking about that too. About how Dural has attended more women of hope things then I have. Maybe I should join the men's ministry.

keao August 3, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

Joy, you should totally do that. You can run their "security" and scope out what the men of hope do.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP