Saturday, August 9, 2008

Reef and Ryder at Ko Olina

This past Thursday was my night off so Scott and I had a lovely date night. We had this 'ono dinner at Outback Steak House. We split an appetizer and a main dish and everything we ordered was so good. They must use a lot of butter...mmm mmm. I actually ate more than Scott. We also visited my sister. My twin nieces are so much more alert...little Cheyenne was talking to me...well, as much as you can expect from a 3 month old. She gurgles and I had to maintain eye contact the whole time, I didn't want to be rude.

My niece, Lauren, lovely Lauren, has developed a new whining cry that undulates much like a siren. It's funny...I don't know if my sister finds it as funny as we did. I can see how it might get old after more than twenty minutes.

But, before our little old date night, Scott went with me to Ko Olina Lagoon Beach to take pictures of Reef and Ryder (their nicknames...in case you were wondering). They were so adorable and so well-behaved. We just got there and we knelt down to put our stuff down and they crawled towards and climbed into our laps. Ope, from that moment on, they had us wrapped around their fingers. We especially love babies who love us.

It was challenging to try to get them in the same frame because they are Mobile with a capital M. I also wish I had utilitzed the light more in a lot of the shots. It would have been a perfect opportunity to use my reflector but I didn't even take it out of it's bag. And, they also made a game of finding every twig and insect within a 10 foot radius and testing their flavors with a quick taste test. I'm still working on them, but here's a few previews:



Ryder crab crawling





Reef scanning for more taste subjects





Hmmm....Ryder?  Reef?




How adorable are those shirts!!!

How did I get them to sit still? There are banana puff cereal piles in the grass in front of them. Don't laugh...it worked.

3 comments:

Scott Sunaoka August 10, 2008 at 3:10 AM  

although it's hard to say, i think i'm quite partial to ryder. he's the cuter of the two...

keao August 10, 2008 at 3:31 AM  

that's so odd, because I thought Reef was cute with his asymmetrical bangs.

Joy August 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

They are both too adorable. But i betcha momma has her hands full. I've never thought about it before but babies are alot like sharks in that they have to try everything to see if it's edible. They can't just smell or touch it, they have to bite it.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP