Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A bubble in time

Blurry bubbles in the park

Just playing around. You'd be surprised how difficult it is to get a shot of a bubble by random. This is like one out of twenty.

Boy, you cannot tell that summer is almost ending. It is still blazing hot. I work third watch now so my free time is the morning and noon time and i try to walk Charlie around the neighborhood. Sheesh, we are dying from the heat.

I'm a big fan of googling and when I googled some combination of my name, I randomly found my old xanga site. Man, I used to blog a lot...and I was funnier. It definitely is like reading a journal, a flashback in time. The house I used to live in had a huge rodent and termite problem. Thank goodness I live in a pretty pest-free house. We have ants, spiders, and roaches. Eh, not bad. I'm particular towards spiders. On the big island, we had a family of daddy long legs in our bathroom. Then a couple of months ago, i found two small baby spiders on our shower wall. They made their webs and I got a little attached, even naming them "Rikki" and "Elepaio." Elepaio means elephant in Hawaiian. You know, like calling a big guy "tiny." And "Rikki" was short for Rikki tikki tembo...no sa rembo...chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo. I became very fond of them. I even panicked when one of them got to close to the water and started getting swept downstream. I shut off the water and rescued him. At last, one tragic day, I discovered that both their webs were empty and one larger spider had replaced the two small spiders. Now maybe one could have hoped that they had mystically merged together to form one larger, hybrid spider. But I doubted it. I kind of went on a spider rampage after that and killed him, and then methodically vacuummed any spider web I saw from then on. It was my way of dealing with the loss. Now I saw a new tiny baby spider. maybe I get to have a new pet.

The other pest we have are roaches. The medium sized ones, not the hugangous ones. We do seem to have a pretty decent population, made worse by the fact that the Sunaoka boys seem to have been blessed with courage when preaching the Word, but not much courage when it comes to killing a teeny tiny roach. If you're over at our house, look at the top of the fridge. They have at least 3-4 cans of RAID. And when they spray, they spray to kill the roach and saturate a good 2 x 2 foot area of the rug surrounding the roach. A little worrisome when my niece Lauren comes to visit, because she does have a penchant for licking fabrics and upholstery. Not only that, they also hate to pick up the dead roach. I had to instill a new rule upon moving into the house "If you SPRAY, you THROW AWAY."

3 comments:

Scott Sunaoka August 6, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

nice bubble. luckily one sunaoka boy preaches the word and deals with cockroaches (the other one doesn't do much of either).

keao August 6, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

ouch.

little true. You are preaching next friday. you've been known to leave a cockroach around. ahem.

Joy August 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

I find this really ironic considering your next post. I liked the spider story. I'm impressed that you knew all of 'Rikki's' name. When I was really little I used to have 'pet' ants. My parents would find me sitting by a puddle giving my friends a bath! One time we were at Volcano National Park and I was screaming because everyone was killing my friends. I grew out of that.

Nice bubble shot. It had to be hard having to blow the bubbles then trying ti take a picture of them.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP