Friday, August 15, 2008

Joy's Birthday Breakfast

One thing I can say about Joy is that she truly embodies her name. She's been taking care of family and has been at home a lot for the past month. So, we managed to rescue her for a birthday breakfast....she wanted to try Boots and Kimo's in Kailua. She's never been there and neither have I. So we skipped out on Zumba and met up with Jenny (who is will be leaving us in a week to teach english in Japan).

I was very proud of myself. I tried something new and it was pretty good. We had to sit outside for a while, man, that place is busy. So, we amused ourselves by taking pictures of each other. Jenny and Joy both ordered Boots and Kimo's pancakes with macademia nut sauce. It did look good, I just didn't want to order it because I don't like nuts. But, oh boy, the sauce looked like they poured frosting over the pancakes. What an ingenious concept!!!


Boots and Kimo

Jenny and Joy peruse the menu

Jenny and Joy

Jenny and Joy

I saw some old friends, Tyson and April, who have moved to Maui but are back for a visit and I inquired about my good friend, Josh, who is interning for medical school in Maui. He has kind of a whirlwind romance going on. In the beginning of this year, he started dating a girl in Laos that he met on several mission trips. They just recently became engaged and set the date for this December. It's a little chaotic for me since he seemed to be calling me once a week with news that seemed to top the week before. So I asked my friends how Josh is doing and they said that he's already writing his wedding thank-you cards. Apparently, he's writing

Dear ____,

Thank you so much for the ___....

I guess he's going to fill in the blanks later on. He's so crazy.

4 comments:

Scott Sunaoka August 15, 2008 at 1:04 AM  

nice pics. too bad they're only of two people (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Joy August 15, 2008 at 1:24 AM  

That was so much fun. Thank you again! Hopefully I see you tomorrow.

keao August 15, 2008 at 3:53 AM  

hello scott, they're the best two people ever

Unknown August 18, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

they are pretty good people but two best ever, I don't think so, hello? I am way better than those two.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP