Tuesday, April 29, 2008

(Kylie) Kailua Town Party

Busy busy busy. April is starting to pick up and May looks like it's going to tie December for the busiest months of the year. Scott helped me enter events into my calendar and whoosh...there went every Saturday for May. My sister called me to tell me that her twins will be coming next week Wednesday, sooner if her blood pressure doesn't come down. Ack, I'm not ready.

Sundays I usually try to get to sleep by 1 pm so I'm up for work but Kylie and her halau were dancing hula at Kailua's Town Party. So Scott and I met up with our friend, Keidi, and rode out there on motorcycles (I was on the back of Scott's, I don't want to make it seem like I rode my own). If you know my husband, Scott, you may know one of his quirks. The boy has no real concept of time or how long it takes to get to places. It can drive me a little crazy. So, although, I was a little scared of falling off the back of the bike, I was fearless enough to keep holding up my arm and shoving my watch in his visor....you know, so he could see exactly how late we were. We missed Kylie's first hula but thankfully she had two more...

Kylie is a gorgeous girl...and very very shy. She had a role in "50 first dates" as one of Rob Schneider's kids. I couldn't believe quiet, shy little Kylie had was actually on screen. She really stands out in a crowd.

A star amidst the crowd
She's dancing to "I Ali`i No `Oe" for this song.
Kylie's keiki hula at K-Town's Party
(I don't remember what song this was)
Kylie at Keiki Hula for Kailua Town's Party
(I love this picture...the sunlight just hits her haku lei and the glow is
beautiful. great job, kylie!)
Kylie's Keiki Hula at Kailua Town's Party
Afterwards, we walked around just for a little bit. It was steaming hot...add that to the hot day at the zoo and that was way too much sun for me. I lived in kailua for five years and never went to the town party. It was really neat. Kailua definitely has more character than kaneohe.

There was a stage with a live band...they were rocking it with hawaiian music. Scott and I had to stop and watch the clearly crazy woman dancing "hula?" in the middle of the street. I question the use of "hula" to describe the motions. It was part 'hula' and part 'interpretative dance' and a small dash of 'booty-dancing.' *sigh* I guess every town has to have those quirky characters. She somehow was giving off an angry vibe so no one dared do anything but clap when she finished.

5 comments:

Anonymous April 29, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Keao, great shots of Kylie, but whats with the blasphemy of Kaneohe. Kailua is never better than Kaneohe and those vile words should never ever be spoken, I know you are from the Big Island, so I am going to hope when you said Kailua had more character I am hoping you are talking about Kona

keao April 29, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

ha ha...oh, you make me laugh. I lived in kailua for 5 years and kaneohe for 3 years...so give me another 2 years and maybe I'll have more loyalty.

Scott Sunaoka April 29, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

hey when you married me you married kaneohe. you now actually have around 35 years of kaneohe living. keep that in mind.

keao April 29, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

I thought I married UH football when I married you. Hey, too much.

Anonymous April 30, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

haha you married kaneohe, uh football, sunday night craziness, hckb, and I thought you just married a pretty cool guy named Scott, haha!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP