Friday, April 11, 2008

Eleven Days Down- Worship Song #1

I'm having a little trouble typing because of this huge a#$ bandange on my right middle finger. I was heckling Scott while trying to wash dishes quickly and after I might have called him "dirty uncle" I gave a butcher knife a wrong swipe and sliced my finger. Probably manini to some of you (that means small kine for you non-olelos) but I have a huge phobia about skin flaps. So I was freaking out. Ugh, I'm still getting oogies. When I get cuts, my deal is to slap a lot of bandaids on them and never look at them again. I know the cut is probably healed when the bandaid falls off on its own accord. And I think we're screwed in the far future when we do have kids because I was holding my finger and jumping up and down and trying not to look down at it...and Scott, well, it turns out he has no idea how to put a bandaid on. he chose this superhuge one and wrapped it so that half is sticking out over the top of my finger in some glued twisted point. We're going to have to take our kids to the neighbors when they get booboos. Interesting, is that how you spell it...maybe it's spelled bubus.

On a side note: Scott said I brought it upon myself because I was heckling him...hmmm, so much sympathy, huh?

This morning, I ran to foodland after I went to work and I spotted this man sitting outside of foodland with one of those huge plastic trays of butter rolls. He looked like he might be homeless(I hate to make that assumption in case he's not and then he might be insulted that I thought he was). But there was no one else around and he sat there and was just eating his way through just a whole tray of rolls and I just got really sad. I always start to worry...what is his life like? Is he thirsty? Is bread all he gets to eat? When was his last meal? Is this the best food he'll get all week? But more so, I just wonder, is he lonely? As bad as his days get, who does he have to share it with? I honestly got so sad and was thinking about that the whole time I was in Foodland. I didn't know how to answer it or if I could do anything. I pondered if I should buy him something to drink, eating all that bread must make you thirsty. But, again, what if he's not needy, am I insulting the man...man, I wish they a checklist of things and you could just bless them. So, I couldn't figure out a solution and I was on my way home. I do think, loneliness must be the biggest fear of so many. My life doesn't seem so scary because I have Scott. I honestly think, even if I had no place to go, Scott would make my life brighter. And I have God...even if Scott wasn't there...I'm not truly alone...I can spend my days talking to God. When all else is gone, he will always be there. And there are so many that don't have that honor, it's there...they just don't know it. I could phrase this all better but this was just the random torrent of thoughts I had this morning.

and it inspired me to share some of my new favorite worship songs that bring meaning to my heart. I'd like to start a tradition...I thought every Friday but that might be too soon...so we'll just go with the 11th of every month. I just learned this song for the women's conference worship section but I looked it up online and found this beautiful harmony (I'm a sucker for harmonies). I think everyone in the Hope Chapel worship ministry should put up videos on youtube.

Lead Me To The Cross (a hillsong song)



Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myselfI belong to You
Oh Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
Human
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

1 comments:

Joy April 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

What a great idea. I can't wait to hear the next selection. I hadn't heard this one before. I really liked it. They did agreat job. So when are you going to post one of you?

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP