Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bert, Josh, and Maui girl

Last night, Jasen and Scott put together my old "single girl" bed. It's a twin sized, day bed with black iron posts. Scott was a little critical of it at first. The supports in the frame have broken so it sags when you sit in the middle...but if you lie carefully and distribute your weight evenly...you'll lie pretty straight horizontally. I tried it out. I forgot how much I missed that bed. It's weird how old things still feel more like me even though I haven't used it in almost a year. *sigh*...we may have to keep it for a while more.

*sigh* today is a sighing day. I have to submit evidence that is personal property....think of your family relatives that have purses (hopefully, they are mostly female)...now think of who has the biggest and most cluttered purse. Now imagine, if your job was to go through and catelogue and inventory everything in that purse...down to each stick of gum...napkin...paper clip...expired coupon. You can't just say wallet either...you have to pull out and count how many photos...jot down what type of cards and numbers. Money, write down the serial number for each bill (or you can zerox the bills in groups)...*sigh.

my smallest amusement comes from the construction workers on our floor. We are in the sub-basement so we (1) never see daylight and (2) never see real people. But they've been doing construction on our floor for the last few months so we're getting real friendly with the construction people. I like the noise and the activity. There are these three workers, two guys and a girl. One guy is haole, younger looking (kind of reminds me of Josh M.), then there's a tubby local guy that looks like his name should be "Bert" and this girl who looks like a Maui girl. I don't know...she looks like every girl I've ever known from Maui. I should ask her if she's from there. But they seem to wander around as a group and I haven't seen them being real productive...it's amusing to watch. The only times I've seen them moving heavy equipment, it's the girl pushing the carts and the two guys supervising. I'll keep watching and let you know what else they do.

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka July 2, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

maybe you should ask those construction people how to fix a saggy bed before someone or someones fall through the bottom.

Unknown July 10, 2008 at 8:06 AM  

Your blog is so open,and warm and honest - just like you! I loved what you wrote about my brother, your Dad....Love, Aunt Teri

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP