Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Krystie and Vinnie's Wedding-June 29th 2008

Oh, trying to catch up. So, let's flash back a week and pretend that we just finished Krystie and Vinnie's wedding.

Vinnie, remember our gruff, McDonald's lovin former roommate...he tied the knot under crystal blue sky. The sky was absolutely spotless and a deep misty blue. Which also made it one of the hottest days ever. Tisha, the former women's pastor of Hope Chapel, officiated the wedding and she and Vinnie were in tears during the ceremony. I even started to tear up and we all know that I almost never cry more than once a week.

The highlight of the wedding for me was Kara. Miss Kara Crosson who came back from Nebraska to be there for Krystie and help us set up the wedding. I forget how humorous she is. I was helping coordinate the day but I was in the dark because I had to work during the rehearsal day and Krystie met with me briefly the week before. Krystie might have mentioned the whole Tom and Grace anpan debacle. So I suspect she might have been hesitant to have a repeat...I volunteered to bring the wine and assign Miss Responsible Kara to bring the bread. I thought it was a wise delegation. Little Miss Kara showed up at the Hau Terrace at Hale Kulani nice and early and gave me the wide-eyed stare. She said "I forgot all about the bread so which do you think is better?" and she pulled out two ziploc bags containing saltine crackers and pretzels. Oh, she's so adorable and so funny.

The reception was right there so we asked the banquet manager to borrow a roll of bread and he said he would bring it out. When he was late bringing it out, Kara went to the kitchen to track him down and ask for the bed. She came back with the wide-eye stare again and again with the pretzels. "They said they are going to bring out the bread but they're late. So what? you think the pretzels will work?" I think she really likes pretzels. Tori tracked down the banquet manager and got us a roll. I do somewhat regret not using the pretzels, I think it makes more of a creative statement.
I took down some pictures because I realized...heck, this is Nely's wedding...I had to go back and delete half the post. You're just going to have to tune in to Nely's site to get the real deal. She always blows us away. I hope she doesn't mind if I put up these pictures of the crowd to go with my story.
(The wedding crew:Malia-who got engaged on July 4th, Lisa, and Kara-the saltine/pretzel fanatic)
Wedding crew-Malia, Lisa, and Kara

(More of the Wedding Crew:Joy living up to her name)
Usher/Set up/ Problem solver Joy

(Guests taking shelter in the shade)
Latecomers at the wedding
(Chad watching the ceremony from the shade-he must have been inspired because he proposed to Malia five days later)
'Chad

One more thing...did I mention it was brutally hot. I felt bad watching the sweat glisten on people's heads as I hid in the shade in the back. So, some of us had brought swim gear and crashed the hotel pool. Joy and I hit it first and we basked by the side of the pool and finally jumped in when Scott, John-John, and Dural showed up. Or "the Brown-ies" as I now like to call them. The cabana/hotel poolboys walked over from their booth...walked right past me and Joy and straight to Scott and the boys and questioned what room they were from/if they were truly from a hotel room. good thing Scott had memorized Vinnie's room number. We were even tempted to order drinks and charge it to the room...but who wants to mess with Vinnie. Not me.

3 comments:

Scott Sunaoka July 8, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

what? no pictures of me? i mean, i was only in the wedding party...it's too bad you don't have a picture of the an pan or the pretzels.

Joy July 8, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

The wedding was so fun. Even if it was so stinking hot! It was so nice to lounge in the pool. I love that you told our story. I love how the guy just walked right by us. One of the very few times I'm happy with what a whitey I am.

nel July 10, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

you're so funny! you can post as many pictures as you want, silly! i was actually glad you were in the back as i couldn't get around during the ceremony.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP