Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cassandra (July 4th with the fam)

Warning, it's going to be a smorgasbord of pictures followed probably by weeks of drought. But I wanted to post pictures for my family on the big island and on the mainland to see.

We threw a surprise birthday party for my older sister Cassandra who turned 35 on Independance Day and started the year by having twin girls (now two months old). Scott and I flew my dad, Jim, and my brother, Jordan, to our slightly smaller and second prettiest island. My younger sis, Genesis, had to work but maybe she can come visit later this year. The last time dad and jordan saw Lauren was a year ago and they haven't seen the twins yet. We had family over and Cassandra's hilarious and very loud coworkers, Lisa, Michelle, and Tammi whom everyone calls "Cousin." I wonder if that gets confusing in La`ie where everyone is called cousin.

Cassandra's Birthday Slideshow


(ACO's Michelle, Cassan, Lisa, and Cousin)


Michelle, Cassan, Lisa, Cuzzin



(Brother-in-law Stanton, Mother-in-law Dianna, and Best Man John-John)
Stanton, Dianna, and John-John

(Jaren, Sierra and Uncle Brian picking mangos off our mango tree "Max")
Picking mangoes in color

Our mango tree has decided to live up to his purpose and be fruitful this year. The power of mango is simply amazing. It caused a little, just a teeny tiny amount of drama on someone's side of the family (I won't name names). And I didn't have time to do the birthday trivia game I know everyone would have just loved, but picking mangos was the highlight for many. We were quite shocked at the huge, bulging bags of mangos being pulled out to cars after the party.

(Grandparents: Papa Jim holding Cheyenne, Grandma Faith holding Chayne)
Papa Jim, Grandma Faith and Cheyenne and Chayne

This was a special day because it was the first time that my dad and brother got to see the new grand-daughters/nieces. But let me tell you a funny story. I had to work the day after and Scott had a golf game. So my dad and my brother spent the night with my sister. My mom took the bus out the next day to spend the day with them. They just watched tv all day. My sister called me and told me to come over that night because they had too much people for her to drive around. Scott and I drive to Waipahu and walk into the house late at night. Everyone is in the living room watching Die Hard IV (excellent movie BTW) and Cassandra is out at the store. So Scott and I creep down the dark hallway into the bedroom and there's sweet little Cheyenne fast asleep in the bedroom. I pick her up and carry her out and ask the rest of my family "where's Chayne?

Family: "in the crib."

Me: No

Family: Yes, she is.

Me: No she's not. Only Cheyenne is in the room. Did you look at her two different times and think she's two babies.

Now my mom jumps up and runs room to room. No other little baby that looks like the one I'm carrying can be found. Panic. Luckily, my sister comes home right then and she says "Chayne is across the street." Humph!!! Good thing you left the other child in such responsible hands that they thought they had two babies the whole time.

(I figured out why they don't get much sleep)

This is why they don't get much sleep

(Who has got the nose? Charlie, Uncle Jordan or Lauren?)
Whose got the biggest nose?

(Lauren giving things a bath)
Naughty naughty
That's Charlie's water dish. Lauren thought it was a mini-bathtub of some sorts. She's washing Jordan's empty carton. And if you look closer, you can see the mangos she put in there getting a bath too.

(Uncle Jordan and Lauren)


Uncle Jordan and Lauren




What you looking at, Charlie?



(Papa Jim and Lauren-she's chewing on dirt. we figured it out after the pic)
Papa Jim and grand-daughter, Lauren

(Papa Jim and the newest grand-daughters)


Papa Jim and his youngest grand-daughtersPapa Jim and three grand-daughters



(holding Cheyenne)
Papa Jim and grand-daughter, Cheyenne
(Chayne)
Chayne at 2 months

5 comments:

Joy July 11, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Love the pictures. Glad you got to spend time with your family. I love the story about the babies being asleep in the bedroom when it was really only one baby. At least the babies are small enough not to get into too much trouble left alone. And now you know who the babysitters of the family are. Can't wait to see more pictures.

keao July 12, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

i love the mango bathtub story. I hope the doggie water gives the mango a delicious tang.

Missed you at church last night. Maybe next week?

Joy July 12, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

That story was adorable. Good thing she only washed things that could be wet and not things like a cell phone. You have some beautiful nieces.

I really thought I was going to make it last night. I was really bummed I couldn't. Hopefully I can next week.

Scott Sunaoka July 12, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

who gave lauren the smokes? maybe those will give charlie's water a delicious and addictive tang...i was wondering why he seemed to go through withdrawals the past few days.

Anonymous July 13, 2008 at 2:48 AM  

autumn i swear, u really should have ur own business as a photographer like we talked about at Pearlridge!!! thanks soo much for making my birthday a great one, and the pictures are absolutely the $#!@. OMG don't know how to do this "choose ur identity" thing so I'll just be anonymous. u know who i am, so what the heck:)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP