Monday, June 30, 2008

Goodbye June, we won't miss you at all

Last day of June. Can I give thanks for that. 5 weddings with all the showers and parties that come with that, a worship night, a birthday party (that I slept through). And work has picked up and been crazy. June. Done. I love the people that we got to celebrate with but I love that June is ovah!!!

And I'm real sad that my watch broke. Scott is all happy because he calls it my diseased watch...it has splotches of white paint all over it from when I painted the bathroom. But I still loved it. Boo hoo.

Wednesday was our church Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay's worship night entitled "Collision." Tom-Tom asked me to take pictures which made me a little nervous because I'm not comfortable at all with flash photography. Actually, looking at my pics from that night, I still wimped out and didn't use my flash...I just upped my ISO, opened my aperture as wide as possible, and wished for the best. I asked Joy to take pictures too because she has a natural eye for photography. The downside was that you don't really get to enjoy the songs. I had no clue what song they were on, i was just mentally ticking off what group of shots I hadn't done. But it was kind of cool, trying to crawl onto stage without drawing attention...plus, it's not the lowest of stage. And there were other challenges, the sweeping spotlights throwing off my metering, colored lights, and smoke. But it was great learning experience...and it was the most Ralph has ever talked to me...and he says my name without an "h" in the middle. Yes!!

Here's one Joy took that caught me sneaking alongside the back of the stage.

there I am caught in a photo

But here's what I was trying to get:

(Randal leading worship)Randall leading worship

Crowd worshipping at collision in BW
(Stephen-Sunday Night's Worship Leader)
Stephen leading worship

Stephen leading worship

Crowd worshiping at Collision Night in Color
(Randall-Sunday's 8 am Service Worship Leader)
'Randal
(Calvin-bass guitarist for Sunday 8 am service)
Calvin rocking the bass guitar
(Stephen-song composer, keyboardist, and guitarist for Fri 8 pm and Sun 10 am services)
Stephen playing the keyboard

Corey playing guitar
(Hope Chapel Choir)
Hope Chapel's choir
(Jr High Pastor Frank, humbling himself in worship)
Jr. High Pastor Frank humbled in worship
(Whose cute hubby is that-Pastor Scott of Singles and Young Married doing announcements)
Eh, it's Papa Smurf.
Darn it...Leilani called me while I was doing laundrey...I got side-tracked...and I realized that I just ran an empty washer through a whole wash cycle. Oops.


7 comments:

Derek June 30, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Wow Keao, those are some really great shots! I had no idea that you were such a great photographer! Thanks for sharing!

Mike June 30, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

What's with Dural, doing "hook'em horns" during worship.

keao June 30, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

aw mikey, that made me laugh out loud...I had to go back and look at the pic. I think he's doing "I love you" in sign language...which might be worse.

keao June 30, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

derek...do you have a blog I an look at...how come you're so private and I'm not cool enough to see your profile?

chubbs June 30, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

haha the last part about your laundry made me laugh. nice pics! i saw them on sunday when they were being displayed during the last song.

ryc: i hope the movie turns out well.. i never read the book but i was working at borders when it became popular so i know a lot of people were buying/reading it..

Scott Sunaoka June 30, 2008 at 11:57 PM  

i think dural is trying to be spiderman and he's looking for an escape route. but, seriously, i look awesome in that cone of light. love the pics honey!

Joy July 1, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

I agree with everybody else, those are some awesome pics. I'm honored by your comment. I definitely take it as a compliment as I think you are a amazing photographer!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP