Saturday, July 19, 2008

Breakout-Children's Camp

What? People, come on. No comments. I at least expect the obligatory comment from my husband. Scott. Who I did happen to spend two great days with as we traveled all the way heck over to Makakilo to the children's camp at Camp Timberline. I drove over the first night by myself (scott, the pastor, went to booze it up at The Shack's happy hour) and tried to lead worship for the little kids. Boy, it was super hot, cause I had to unplug the fan to plug in the CD player (not physically possible to do hand motions and play guitar at same time). and they wrote out the words for the kids but then the easel kept breaking and the papers kept falling to the ground. *sigh* only me.

The next day Scott and I went early because my other half committed us to lunch. *sigh* again. Actually, he was all psyched to go because he heard the kids were doing a ropes course and he begged Mel to let us do it too. So sad, there was only two activities that even had ropes involved, and they were a whopping 2 feet off the ground. I told Scott that realistically, the rope would be more like 1 foot off the ground if he did the activity. Think it out. He didn't think that was very nice. So, we played chaperone to a group of kids and they were cute...besides the chorus of "you're stepping on my foot" "Ow, you're hitting me" "get away from me" and "are we done yet?"

Lunchtime

Toe-ing the line
In this game, they had to pretend they were on the shore of an ocean filled with sharks (I guess they're not against freaking out little 3rd and 4th graders right before you make them sleep in dark cabins the furthest they have ever been away from home).
camp
Katie naturally seems to have no fear of the dirt sharks. She's so brave.
rope walk for girls
The next game was to walk on dual tight ropes with a partner, using each other to balance.
rope walking
Don't let the picture fool you, it was a death-defying drop of about 23 inches.
trust rope walk

Jet
This is Jet. He has a brother named Rocket. I kid you not. So cool. I hope Scott lets me name our kids. I wonder if Tug Boat is still available.

3 comments:

Scott Sunaoka July 19, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

great pics keao. i love the way you take pictures! you're the best wife ever!!!

Joy July 19, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

Yea!!! Pictures!!!We missed you today. Sorry you had to work.

The kids at least looked happy with the rope course. Then again you were probably only taking pictures of the happy ones.

keao July 20, 2008 at 1:37 AM  

hee hee, there were a few sour kids who got bored occasionally but they were all pretty into the games.

I missed you guys too. Heard the wedding was good company. Wish i was there to see Chris and Laeleya get married.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP