Tuesday, July 15, 2008

(HB 5 mo) And the heavens opened up...

..and there was a choir of angelic voices.

Tonight, I'm trudging over the mountains to the children's church camp at Camp Timberline. I'll be helping them through worship, which kind of makes me nervous. If they sing along and participate then I know I will have a great time...if they're not into it, then I might be struggling. So, pray for me. Graduated from Kamehameha Schools so we sang all the time...it was like a musical...there was skipping down the halls, impromptu dance routines in study hall, and don't be surprised at the group medley in the quad after school. I was so brainwashed that I thought everyone came out of Kamehameha musical...one girl floored me when she admitted that she hated all the song practices. WHAT? How did she even manage to get a diploma from them, I would like to know. I'm pretty sure PBPB (Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop if you're not familiar with her hip street name, throw in the "Paki" if you're old school Hawaiian) was pretty specific in her will about those admission qualities.

Last night, I had dinner with the fly girls. It was a mini-fly night, just me, Lei, and Chrystie. We caught up to date although we had to stall in the parking lot to try and cram in more stories. Not all of you may care but big news: Jolene gave birth to a baby boy and wrote her Ph.D. thesis in 3 months. Incredible but I wonder if pregnancy hormones may have spurred some pages to take a weird spin on insect genetics. Josh H. is getting married to a girl in the Philippines...um, this December. Yup, if you know him, which you probably don't, your heart has just now begun to restart. Chrystie, bless her heart, is going to work her tail off to meet deadlines to graduate this December. That girl can do it.

It was a fun night and of course, the time flew by. So, not too many pictures from the 5 month of baby HB but I managed to tweak these two in there for your visual journey.



HB 5 months

(a snow-less angel)

a snowless angel

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka July 15, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

hey that snow angel thing was my idea! i think i should get at least partial credit for that picture.

Joy July 16, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

HB is so cute but she doesn't look too happy about this whole photo shot thing.

Have fun at camp. You'll do great! The family who used to run it years ago came to attended my church and were really good friends. We used to go up there all the time. Lots of good memories. It's nice to see it still around. Haven't been there in years. Hope you took pictures.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP