Thursday, February 28, 2008

The things people say

No photo...but this had me and Scott doubled over last night at 24.

I volunteered to help Mel run the children's church performance for Mother's Day in May. Only because I think "The Way I was Made" By Chris Tomlin would be real cute if sung by cute little kiddies. But my stress for the last six weeks is trying to get people together to make a recording of the new version that's a little more fitting for mother's day. It's been too hard to get people together to make a recording at church and our sound techs at church have changed twice in the past few months. I desperately needed something...anything by this Sunday so we had an impromptu recording at the church. Grant, who didn't even know the song, came and helped Scott on guitar. Clinton, thank goodness, he listened to the song on the CD and then me singing the lame words that me and Scott made up at 11 pm one night when I refused to let Scott go to sleep.

We had to sing two tracks (two slightly different versions) so Tom pressed record, gave us the thumbs up and we ran through the first track. It's kind of dark in the church and Tom was waaaaaay in the back behind all the soundboards. We finished...and I looked at Scott...okay, now what? So, Scott yelled out to Tom asking if he was ready for us to start the second track. No answer. Now we're all calling out to Tom, we couldn't even tell if he was really back there. Clinton (his brother), on drums, says " I think Tom wants us to keep going and just go right into the second track." So, feeling bad that we had all that dead space, we launch into the second song. I really was rocking that one. And just as we end and Clinton finishes his last drum roll, the back door opens and Tom walks in and asks "what are you guys doing?" Um, we weren't even being recorded. Good job, Clinton, that a way to guess what your brother wanted.

Then, much much later that night, we were working out at 24 after minichurch. Well, Jasen and Scott were working out. Jenny and I were trying to guess what the heck you were supposed to do those weight-lifting contraptions. I saw Jasen keep trying to snatch my CD Player (heck no I don't have an IPOD) and I kept grabbing it away and telling him not to listen to the CD. But Jasen, stubborn Jasen, he didn't listen. I saw him with my head phones on and the CD player and I started to rush over to him. But as I was walking over, he grimaced and pulled the headphones. He kind of made a face as he gave it to me and said "Ugh, I'm not really into that kind." Yah, thanks, Jasen, that was me singing on the CD. Oh, Scott was laughing so hard he almost killed himself with the weights he was trying to lift. Then, Jasen tried to backpedal when I told him it was me on the CD but it was too late. The first reaction is always the honest reaction.

Oh, I forgive him....I'm not a real big fan of my voice either.

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka February 29, 2008 at 2:28 AM  

i love your voice. it's so sexy!!!

keao February 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

i love that you give me comments!!! you win brownie points every time!!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP