Sunday, February 24, 2008

Girls Sleepover- Before and After

Sleepover Party
Friday night, I had a girls sleepover at my house. My brother-in-law, Stanton, was going to be away at camp. My roommate Vinnie usually works nights. My husband said he could sleep at his mom's house, which left me with a house to myself. Yes, after living with all that testosterone, I could finally turn the tide. So, I invited as many girls as I could to come hang out and sleep over if they wanted. Unfortunately, as we got closer to this weekend, Vinnie then told me had national guard and had planned to not work during the night. Ummm, I told him "too bad...you can't stay here." It was tough love, sorry Vinnie. So he worked all night and went straight to National Guard. Then, my poor husband had his turn. He found out that he was slotted to fill in and preach the two saturday night services. Oh, sorry, babe, you can't stay here. You don't fit the main rule...gotta be a girl. So, after friday night church, he drove out to Camp Erdman for part of the Men's Retreat and slept in his car. Again, tough love.

My invite said dinner was at six and Deidre was there promptly at 5:45 pm. Then I found out that Joy couldn't make it (sick grandma), Ruthie couldn't make it (sick sister), and Keidi was going to be very very late (she was still out at sea protecting our coast). So when dinner rolled around, and it was just me, deidre, mel, and Jenny...I did think, this might be one of the saddest slumber parties ever. Especially since mel and deidre had to leave for church, though they promised to come back. But eventually the girls did finally start pouring in. A very pregnant Kanani arrived next, with two kids in tow. One of them suspiciously did not look very much like a girl, but I think everyone was kind enough to let it slide. Though, Mel and Jenny should have protested since Isaac managed to beat them at the Scene It Trivia game for Xbox. I started the game for him and had a lot of points...but still, we are talking about a little boy who can't read fast enough to play. He would just buzz in instantly and guess. And, darn it, if he wasn't right half the time.

And Kanani decided to freak me out by telling me that she was on medicine because she was having contractions all the time. Ummm, I don't think you can have the baby here. A lot of girls just came to talk story and talk story they did. My friend, Chrystie, from college and her sister, Malia, came....they're Waimanalo girls and soon there were always 10 to 12 girls sitting around our dinner room table...and they sat there talking for hours. I never even saw anyone get up for water or a bathroom break. And, they were laughing so much, you could hear them everywhere. I was a little worried about the noise but, oh, well, it was so worth it to see everyone getting to know each other. It sounded like like Oprah unplugged. Bow, Deidre, and Lisa stopped by and hung out....Robyn brought a friend, Erin. The girls who were willing to rough it and sleep over were Keidi, Natalie, Mel, Malia, Tricia, Angie, Jenny.

The girls who weren't staying over must have had fun because they all stayed until one and right after most of them had left...I was in the kitchen and I saw a police light cruise by very slowly and stop....and then it reversed and stopped right in front of our house. hee hee, we got called in for noise disturbance...hee hee. I wasn't really surprised, we were really loud, I thought it might happen. So, I went out in my pajamas and sweetly apologized to the nice officer in our garage. He was really really nice. I babbled something about how I was sorry and I understood the rules...I work for the police department, heck, my husband is a pastor (Scott was horrified that I dragged his name into the conversation, but at least, I didn't tell him what church we are at). I forgot to drop vinnie's name in there but it was late and I was tired. We were so blessed because we were all getting ready for bed so it was superquiet when he showed up...he just shrugged and said that he didn't hear anything and it wasn't anything. Whooo, sigh of relief.

I did think it was the funniest thing. I can't believe the police had to come try shut down my sleepover. I called Scott, who was sleeping in his car (did not think it was as funny as I did). He just keeps rubbing it in, that for 31 years, he and his brother have lived there and had parties and never had the cops show up...and it only took me six months.

But we girls giggled over it and then fell asleep watching "Love Actually." The next morning, we had a prize for the girl who slept in the latest. Darn it, I bet Malia would sleep in the latest but she woke up third to last. Then I turned the tv on but the volume was on maximum volume so that woke up Jenny. The prize, a Polariod photo printer (Scott bought it from a store closing sale)...went to...guess who....Tricia. We had breakfast together and...the sleepover ended but not really because four of us just stayed in our pajamas and watched Bobby Brown "Sleep-walk/pee" on "Gone Country" til Scott came home.

That was the sleepover. I think I made some new friends and I loved having them over...can't wait until the next one.
Photo 1: Pre-Party, look how clean we made the house. We just shoved everything into Scott's and Stanton's room.(BEFORE)
ignite girls sleepover 011 edit

Photo 2: The Noise-producing/police-report-generating area of the house (AFTER)
ignite girls sleepover 020 lomo

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP