Friday, February 1, 2008

Oh, silly Amazon, you gave me a heart attack!!!


I admit it, I've been eating amazing food and haven't exercised more than the walk from my office to my car...but I thought someone was very mistaken by my misshapen appearance when I received a bizarre email from Amazon.com. The confusion was cleared up yesterday when I received a follow-up email that went something like this:

Greetings from Amazon.com.We're contacting you about the e-mail message we mistakenly sent toyou indicating that an item was purchased from your baby registry;this message was sent to you in error. We intended to send you ane-mail regarding your Amazon Wedding Registry, but the text of themessage was incorrect. Please watch for a message regarding yourAmazon Wedding Registry in the next day or two.We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

So, tonight, Scott and I went on an impromptu date night after I had a hankering for steak and someone blessed us with a gift certificate. We ran into an old classmate of mine who just happened also to be one of the weddings that Scott has officiated at. I think it was Scott's third wedding. Unfortunately, it didn't end well( the marriage, not Scott's wedding officiating) and, during the course, we became friends with the groom. Scott, the sweetheart waited patiently until this girl, who is a waitress at this particular restaurant, was standing near the bar and we walked over to say hi. Oh, bless his heart. It was the coldest shoulder I have ever seen in my life. She had her back turned when he patted her on the shoulder and greeted her and she didn't even turn around but muttered "hi" half-heartedly over her shoulder. And, my darling husband, kept going. He is not a quitter.

"hey, how are you doing?" hand still amicably touching shoulder to get attention

"fine" eyes still not quite turning his way

OUCH!!! We walked as quickly as we could out of there.

What did I learn from this? My way of waiting until they are out of sight and rushing out of public places works best for me.

PS. I've been married for six months and a few odd days. I'm officially an old married woman.



1 comments:

Scott Sunaoka February 1, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

that's exactly how it happened. if you were there i think you would actually catch a cold it was so icy. whew, i get the chills just thinking about it...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP