Friday, October 10, 2008

Online chatting and Charlie

Pray for me, peoples. Well, my shift at work is naturally the smaller shift and we're even shorter this week so I'm working by myself tonight and tomorrow. So, far it's not that bad, I get to blast the music as loud as I want. But, I have three small quick weddings to do in the next two days. Um, I bought a camera which is coming but now I have to work hard to get money together for it. So, I have two small ones tomorrow afternoon and then one Saturday. I'm going to sleep so good on Saturday, and then Sunday is my birthday!!!

My dad (on the Big Island) has no phone so he is now forced to try to learn to use the email I set up for him a year ago. And he has sent a whopping three emails to me that consisted of about 4 sentences each. It's a work in progress. In gmail, you have the ability to chat with your contacts who have gmail also and are logged into their gmail. So, Joy Pishcura came over this afternoon and I was talking to her, I looked down and saw that my dad had logged onto gmail. I know email is foreign so this whole IM/chatting thing is going to be hard for him to grasp so I try to ease him into it...here are some clips from our brief conversation:

me: hi dad
click in the little box and type to talk to me
the little box here down in the right corner
or click on my name and chat away
Sent at 4:28 PM on Thursday

James: Hi ,_____ are you there

me: yes, hi dad
Sent at 4:33 PM on Thursday

James: How come I can't hear you me
(I don't know quite what he means...let's jump ahead...and let me explain, that like all instant messengers, you can set your gmail status to availabe or away or busy or a custom message...)


James: You should be working? How come it says in the chat box on the left that your sleeping.

me: i was sleeping

James: How does my computer know that?

Oh, so adorable. He thinks his computer is a real example of artificial intelligence.

Scott already beat me to the punch by blogging about it. But I had to take Charlie to the vet this morning. He had what the vet thought might be a tumor on his toe and the vet removed it on Friday. He had stitches and has to wear a cone for at least 2 weeks. He's really depressed about it. We try to take the cone off when we can watch him and but the cone goes back on for the rest of the day. Yesterday, Charlie figured out how to still reach his bandaged foot and he chewed through his bandage and on his foot a little...so gross. The vet was closed yesterday so she said to rebandage it for the time being until we could bring him in and to extend his cone to prevent him from doing any more damage. So, the only thing we could find in our house was the folders that you buy photo paper in. We made sure that we really EXTENDED THAT CONE OUT.


We now have satellite cable!!!

(we have satellite cable now!!!)
i know scott already made that joke but I
used it yesterday too

Peek-a-boo with Charlie

Now when we open the patio door, Charlie jumps.
I think all sound is now amplified to him.

3 comments:

Scott Sunaoka October 10, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

man, your pictures of charlie look way better than mine. i also thought it was strange that your dad doesn't know your name and he called you a long underline...hee hee. i'm still really frustrated with charlie. i was ready to take his foot off with a cleaver his morning.

Joy October 10, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

It's so hard because our pets have no idea what we're doing to them is for there good. Like a little 2 yr old they can't understand that we are trying to help them. I remember a time when our cats got fleas ( i feel i should be playing the ukulele as I type this) and we flea powdered them. Well they were allergic to the powder and kept sneezing. So we had to give them a bath. Bad things happened. I don't like to talk about it. I'm still traumatized.

Unknown October 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

I thought of a different funny comment about the line for a name issue.

Was that an attempt to keep some anonymity? because all the pictures on your page have your name on it. Also, your page is first and last name. Unless its an attempt to keep your "slave-name" a secret.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP