Sunday, October 26, 2008

I've been ousted

I love going to church on Friday nights. I've been trying to pick up my one and half year old niece, Lauren, every Friday and take her to church too. But this past Friday, I was so exhausted from lack of sleep. I took some melatonin when I came home in the morning and slept from nine in the morning until Scott woke me up after he came home from church at 9:30 pm. He had a wicked, gleeful smile on his face and woke me up by saying "guess what, Keao, you've been ousted." Our friends' youngest daughter, Aliya, has always stolen our hearts. Not only is she adorable, but she is super loving and sweet. We've always gone crazy over her from when she was a baby and Pua has nicknamed me "Auntie Mama." Scott always tells me that if he goest to church without me, Aliya's first sentence is "Where's Auntie Mama?" I think he gets a tad jealous. SO, he seemed a little too excited as he pranced around the room and told me that I was ousted. He said Aliya has replaced me and now only asks "Where's Lauren?" Oh, she's Lauren's friend. So cute. I don't mind.

Trying her wings out

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka October 27, 2008 at 1:05 AM  

*sigh* it's so sad when you think you're someone's friend and then you find out that they're only using you to hang out with your baby niece. at least sarai still loves me...

Joy October 27, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

I hate when that happens. I had babysat for a friend for about 5 years. The youngest was 3 months when I started watching her. She was almost one when I left. When I came back 6 months later she didn't remember me at all. It was all my sister Chrissy, who watched them after I left. I was heartbroken. The same thing happened when Chris came here for the memorial service with my friends kids here. It stinks. But as you can tell I'm not bitter...

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP