Thursday, October 16, 2008

Achtung!!! Wedding

So, while trying to drum up business for Scottie, who is a licensed wedding officiant (it's hard times, got to work everything you have), I inadvertently got myself a part-time gig with a local wedding business who help with small destination weddings. It's a great opportunity for me to get more experience and build my portfolio. And I had to jump in this past weekend by doing three weddings in two days. The ceremonies are short so it isn't as outlandish as it sounds.

The first two weddings were at Waialae Beach which I've never been to. Apparently, I drove past it maybe twice in my life. I had no idea this place was such a hotbed of weddings. I got there a little early and as I was waiting on a picnic bench, I sneakily took some shots of the wedding party as they relaxed under the pavilion. Only to find out later, that wasn't our couple. There were at least three other bridal parties that walked by. Our couple was from Germany and they had such cool accents. The groom, Mario, had these amazing blue eyes and he had this beaming smile. Of course, I was mainly focused on the bride, Sabina, who was pretty radiant herself.

Mario and Sabina Oct 10 2008

With this ring, I thee wed

The happy couple

The afternoon was a bit gloomy so I had to work in processing to try to add any kind of sky color.

My first real wedding without Scott there. It was a hard baby step to take.

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka October 16, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

yay! congratulations on doing a wedding with complete strangers. i'm glad you made it with little incident. see? i told you you were great.

Joy October 16, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

That's so funny that you were taking candid shots of the wrong couple, You should have got their names and offered them the pics at a discounted rate ;) I'm glad your first run at being photographer without Scott officiating went well. I have a really hard time with pushy people. I just think it's so unnecessary and really kinda manipulative. Glad it wasn't too bad.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP