Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Up for 27 hours straight!!!

Yesterday, I prepared for the switch to midnight I stayed up til four in the morning and slept until noon. I wished I slept longer because it would be 27 hours before I would get to go back to bed. I worked midnight shift last night and had some laughs at some drunk car thiefs in the cellblock. I have to take pictures to help use as identification photos and that includes taking pictures of identifying marks like scars or tattoos. One slightly intoxicated kid turned and pulled his shirt off his shoulder to let me take a picture of the tattoo...when I had to lean in and inspect it closely before putting my camera down and informing him "Sir, that's not a tattoo, that's just a drawing with pen." *sigh* There's this show on Tuesday nights on channel 5 called "Jail." You should watch it, you might have a lot more sympathy for officers.

Besides that, I was dragging the whole night. I was fighting to stay up on my way home from work and I still had 8 hours to go. At nine, I was up at Hope Chapel finishing up the staff photos with the staff that just returned from a trip around Europe. Actually, it was awesome because the adrenaline woke me up. It's such a rush. I'm checking the display, the light, trying to find different angles. Plus, they're such a fun group, I just had to get them talking to loosen them up and then they were making each other laugh with jokes and stories. This is a sample of the shoot, sweet Auntie Colleen. I actually had to work hard to get her to stop talking to Uncle Al over my shoulder and to look at me. Apparently, according to her husband and Pastor Ralph, she broke a few hearts in Italy. Of course, I am a believer.


Sample from Hope Chapel Staff  Images

Kind of reminds me of those "got milk" commercials.


Then I watched Haley for a few hours just while Mike was getting some training done in Kailua. Now Haley is the most easy-going, mellow baby, but she had a rough spell. I think it just hit her that she was tired and that she wasn't at home because she started crying and nothing would console her. It broke my heart. Poor thing, cried until she finally fell asleep and then her sleep was accentuated by these little shuddering hiccups...you know the ones you get after a long hard cry.


I know I'm a poor substitute for Mommy


Once she woke up, it was *snap* and she was the smiling, giggling Haley. I would have taken pictures of her then but then Scott called from his last night in Japan so she just sat on my lap and amused herself with her hands while I talked with Scott. After she left, I went to sleep but only slept for four hours. I couldn't help it, I just woke up feeling rested so that was that.

Scott comes back tomorrow...so excited. So much has happened while he's gone and it's always a comfort to have someone to share these things with. That's why I'm glad you're here too. (YES YOU)

2 comments:

Joy September 25, 2008 at 2:06 AM  

The things you go through girl! That is so funny with the guy with the "tattoo".

That's a great picture of Aunty Colleen. You captured her smiling eyes. I can understand why she would be a heartbreaker. My dad was offered 10,000 camels for my mom when they were in Egypt.

Isn't it funny how babies can do this some times. Be so incredibly cranky they wake up all smiles and sunshine. I know some adults that I wish that was the case. Not that they would be cranky but if they take a nap it makes them wake up happy. I hope you got to catch up on your sleep. Have fun at the shoot!

Scott Sunaoka September 25, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

wow that is a good picture of aunty colleen! maybe you should go into portraits. oh, and i'm home now. in case you wanted an update on me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP