Monday, September 8, 2008

I said "WHAT!!!" at the vet

Our dog, Charlie, had a lump on his toe. We noticed it about two months ago when we saw that he was favoring his foot when we took him on walks (hey it happens once in a blue moon). My auntie, Sally, is an avid "Dog Person." She used to breed and train dogs in North Carolina. Her and girlfriend are crazy about dogs, they are taking care of like 8 dogs right now and I go to them with all my canine problems. My auntie Sally had raving reviews of a vet she recommended in Kalihi. She said to drop her her girlfriend's name and we would get in.

So Scott and I took Charlie in to the vet. The vet examined him and told us that it was a tumor on his foot and would need to be removed. She insisted it was probably benign, but I still teared a little when no one was looking. As she was finishing his physical exam, she asked who referred us and I brought up my Betty's name. The vet asked, oh, I've known Betty for a long time, how do you know Betty?

Me "Oh, my auntie sally is dating her."

Vet: "What?"

Me: (LOUDER) My auntie Sally is dating her."

Vet: (now looking at me weird) "What?"

Me: (quieter, unsure) My auntie Sally is friends with her?"

Hmmm, could I possibly have shoved someone out of the closet in a most inappropiate way. I can't believe it. It's clearly not a secret. But, even Scott gave me the eye. Oh, boy. Hey, let me know if I'm not supposed to mention things or if certain things are supposed to be a secret. Otherwise, who knows when it will come flying out of my mouth.

6 comments:

Scott Sunaoka September 9, 2008 at 1:32 AM  

look how big lauren is getting. when are you going to bring her around again?

well i gotta go feed anela *sigh*

keao September 9, 2008 at 4:48 AM  

oh, i totally forgot about your parent's dog. Whoa, when you're in Japan, I can't guarantee Anela won't starve since I'm not likely to remember.

What happened to all the commentors? Basically it's you and me just talking back and forth, as if I don't hear enough of you every day. And I don't!!!

Unknown September 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

i was just thinking wow so not only did you out your aunty at the vet but now you have outed her to the whole internet, i think you aren't getting comments cause your readership is shocked you would out your aunt AGAIN!

keao September 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

I'm cleaning out the closet.

Nah, in my defense...It is in no way a secret. Maybe the vet was shocked that I use intelligent vernacular such as "dating."

Mike September 10, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

I really think that you should have broken the "my auntie" story and the lauren at the playground, kids choir into seperate blogs.

Coming out of the vet story, into the going to discovery bay don't really run well together.

I had to re-read it a couple times cause I thought I missed a connectoin somewhere.

keao September 13, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

no, absolutely no connection. just an excuse to put a picture in there.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP