Monday, March 17, 2008

March-ing on with weddings

I'd like to welcome my assistant, Ashley Yuen. She helped me with the following pictures!!!
03-14-08 Wedding  (8)
Photo 1: Our beautiful couple "M" and "B" visiting from New Jersey chose a dream wedding in Hawaii and we happened to be there to make it happen

Okay, first things first, I'm back. Sorry I've been away but there have been some personal and stressful situations this past week...not mine, but involving people I love and care about more than anything. So, keep the world in your prayers. It just reaffirmed just a spirit of pure gratefulness. As I was sitting in church, after skipping out on choir singing and children's rehearsal, I just felt depleted and defeated and I was so relieved to be able to sit in church and just receive restoration. I have God to lean upon. I have no idea how people out there who try to do it alone survive.

But before all the craziness started, my hubby had to perform a wedding. One of his good friends, Auntie Pauline, organizes weddings. The woman is amazing, she knows places on this island i've never even heard of. So she organizes and puts these things together and we just show up to do our parts. This time was slightly different because I convinced my 18 (or is she 19) year old niece to be my assistant. It was so helpful but it was really just a way to get her to come hang out with me and Scott and to be able to slip her a little spending money. She held my reflector (I bought it from Amazon) and we still don't know how the heck you're supposed to use it. We brought a second camera for her (Scott's) but it died on us.

march wedding 2 Photo 2: There's my hubby in action.
It's sad, I don't even get to hear his spiel anymore, I'm too busy running around them trying to get different shots.

March wedding
Photo 3: We took a lot of pictures of the rings, but there is something simplistic and beautiful that makes this one my favorite.

march wedding 4 Photo 4: There was a bench under the awning. And I just asked them to sit and I think they kind of forgot all about me.

march wedding 3
Photo 5: They really forgot about me.

All these pictures were taken at Queen Lili`uokalani Gardens, under the shadow of Diamond Head near the Honolulu Zoo. I've never been there before. It was a charming little oasis, a homeless man sleeping on a picnic table nearby obviously thought so as well. He woke up to watch our certificate signing process.

1 comments:

Julie Cortens March 18, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

Okay = all these beautiful pictures of Oahu are too beautiful - we arrive on Wed afternoon. Seriously! Can you recommend a really good helicopter tour that I can use my new wide angle and zoom lens on? There are too many to choose from on line. I need some expert advise here.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP