Saturday, March 22, 2008

Let's just say she not named after Hannah Montana!!!

Friday, March 21st, 2001...a very Good Friday indeed!!!

Our lovely friends, Kanani and Carl, are increasing the workload for the children's church ARK. Yesterday was the arrival of little Samantha Maile...pronounced like "Miley" for those of you who also mistakenly thought that she was named after Miley Cyrus. Believe me, I am also slightly disappointed. But I'm glad that she has a strong hawaiian name...that way she can attend Kamehameha Schools and abandon her "english" name. We all do it, it's a requirement for admission.

We visited Kanani and Samantha today. They chose Samantha because it is the feminine version of the name "Samuel." And Samuel heard from God. I think their name choice was really blessed. When we arrived, she was a cute little bundle of hiccups...loud hiccups that sounded like little yipping barks. She didn't stop. Then as I held her, I just prayed out loud over and over again "Jesus, please stop the hiccups" while rubbing her back. And, she stopped. Oooh, this one is going to change the world.

Also there was Amber and Jessica. Scott was over his cold from this last week but he didn't want to take chances. So he was banished to sit in the corner where I heard sick grandpa also had to sit. I think he was glad to be ousted though when the talk turned to topics like labor and breast-feeding.

Wake up little one!!!
Baby Samantha, wake up please

This is sign language for "give me the camera, Scott!!!"Give me the camera, Scott!!!
I really love this one where baby Sammie(I've decided to call her this) is staring up at AmberWho's that crazy girl holding you, Sammie? It's Auntie Amber!!!


Born on March 21st
Jessica came to visit. She is so photogenic. I told Scott she should be a model...and he said "I think she is." Look, you can catch a glimpse of Scott in this one. Can't you tell how thrilled he is about babies?
Jessica and Samantha, there's Scottie hiding in the corner

Auntie Jessica and Samantha bonding

Hi sammie!!! welcome to our world
hello, little one. you have a whole life ahead of you. isn't that awesome?

3 comments:

Anonymous March 25, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

haha is samantha really the masculine version of samuel?? It sounds pretty fem to me! Great pictures by the way!

keao March 26, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

you butt...you're so smart...in a good way. I have to go back and edit. who would have thought grammar and vocabulary still counted after college.

Had fun at dinner.

Anonymous April 16, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Wow! This is a beautiful blog! Very impressive and so sweet of you to do for Baby Samantha! Thanks so much for sharing!
Aloha
Jessica Jacobus

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP