Saturday, March 29, 2008

Don't be surprised if you don't see a cat

Scott is still gone...gone gone to the second best island of Maui (das right, Big Island no ka `oi)...and he took all the cool people I like to hang out with (wait, might that be insulting to the people who are here on Oahu....sorry, of course you are included as part of the cool people)....so I miss him and I have no one to distract myself with. I'm so jealous, I'm planning a two day outing to Big Island in April if anyone wants to come along. Volcano and Waipio Valley. `Nough said.

Our friend and wedding photographer, Nely Fok, is back in town and John-John suggested I ask if I could tag along and watch her work. And, this morning she was doing a portrait session with Megan and her cute little Catholic girl/man-loving cat called "frankie." Unfortunately, Frankie must have sensed I'm not a cat person because she was absolutely set against being in the same room as Nely and me. Hmmm...might have been Nely's laugh and the fact that she almost stepped on the cat multiple times. Nah, it seems to be the sound of the camera shutter that had her spooked.

So, I occupied myself by taking pictures of Megan's furniture. Seriously, if she ever needs it...for whatever strange, out-there reason...I have photos of all her major furniture pieces. And her home does look very beautiful...Nely named it "Pier 1."
(it might not be a cat...but it stays still and it is just as cute)
Megan's teddy bear chillin'
(cat-less megan)
Shadowing Nely's session with Megan and Frankie (a cat)

Ugh, so much to do before tomorrow. I have to cover the children's choir practice and 10 am service song practice for Troy, make more copies of the CD's, sing in the choir, and then run a wedding in the afternoon, dinner with Ted and Mike, and then off to the airport to pick up Scott.

Doesn't really seem like a day off.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP