Tuesday, June 17, 2008

(HB 4 mo)-Mondays are rest for the weary

*Sigh, I feel so much better. May was crazy and June is just as crazy. Scott thinks we took our anti-burnout vacation too early. Yesterday was my day off and it came just as I was about to give up and become a hermit. According to personality tests, I'm a high golden retriever with beaver coming in a close second. I forget the details of each, but my idea of quality time for myself, how I restore myself and recuperate from stress is to BE ALONE. I like to spend calming time BY MYSELF. Of course I don't mean you. You're in the small group that is exempted from that. But I do need quiet time to kind of reset myself. And that hasn't happened in about two weeks, Scott and I have had some social event every day on weekdays and 2 to 3 times on weekends. I actually love going to work because I can just hide in my cubicle and not have to talk if I feel like it. So, my first day off with nothing to do and I reveled in every second of it, swept and mopped floors, loads of laundrey and even mowed 2/3 of the lawn.

And my solitude was only broken by Mike bringing over little miss Haley who turned 4 months old this past week. We don't get much light in our house so I had to use our bedroom since it somewhat faces the afternoon sun. And then I draped a white tablecloth over some pillows to help reflect the light. It actually worked really well and I loved the pictures I got. I actually have too many favorites, I don't know which ones to choose. There's a few where she looks like she's sitting up, but if you put them in succession, they are a slow motion montage of her leaning...leaning...leaning...ope, she's lying down again. I tried to prop her up against an upright pillow until everything started shifting and Scott asked "What is the pillow leaning against?" And the answer was, an empty chair that easily slid over the wooden floor. So, we had to snatch Haley back up before the whole prop slid off the bed.

And the session ended prematurely when I tried to put Haley on her stomach for some airplaning poses. When I tried to pull my hands out from beneath her, I must have scratched her arm with my engagement ring because she started crying and wanted to be held from then on forth. Oh, she had this 2 inch welt, which doesn't sound bad until you realize that her arm is only 2 inches wide, so it stretched across it. I'm a little scared of Liz knocking on my door soon to give me a beat-down. I must defend myself. If you think about it, the person really responsible is Scott. I didn't even want a ring. Why did he have to buy such a hefty ring? And why a diamond? Why the hardest substance known to man? Couldn't he have picked something softer and easier on a baby's skin? I blame Scott. Join me, won't you?
At 4 months, Haley has discovered her feet and loves sticking out her tongue.
HB has discovered her feet
See what I mean!!! (soft glaze PS)
See what I mean about the tongue?
HB loves to stick out her tongue
Watch the slow lean and fall.
Oh, she's so adorable

She's starting to tip over

5 comments:

Scott Sunaoka June 18, 2008 at 1:47 AM  

luckily for you she's so cute and she took nice smiley pictures before she got scratched. *sigh* so true, as i'm writing this as i got home tonight from yet another social event...

keao June 18, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

i know i know...next night free...next monday. can't wait. love mondays.

Joy June 18, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

Those are some great pictures. She is too cute! There is nothing quite are heartbreaking as a baby hurt especially when you are (kinda) responsible. Hope you're not feeling too guilty.

Sorry to hear that it's been so crazy. I can absolutely understand. For years Monday were my dad's day off, where we just hung out as family. It was so great, I really missed it when I started working. To this day they still don't plan anything with other people on that day.

keao June 18, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

are you talking to scott, joy. because he is kinda responsible. he gave me the ring. what am I supposed to do, not wear it? she is cute though, huh?

Joy June 19, 2008 at 2:21 AM  

I'm glad to see that you're not suffering from denial. I suppose it would be kinda bad if you just stopped wearing your ring. You would probably have a bunch of people come up to you and ask if everything is ok with you and Scott.

So I'll agree with you that it's all Scott's fault. How dare he get you a beautiful diamond ring! The nerve of some people. ;)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP