Monday, May 12, 2008

(Ramble) How much phlegm can one girl produce?

Excuse my sniffling but I have a cold. It doesn't sound as bad when you say you have a cold...it sounds so mundane, much more harmless than "i'm sick" or "all the fluid in my body is exiting out my nose." My niece Lauren had a cold so she must have given it to me, which combined with the 4 hours of sleep I had the first night she was over and the 6 hours the following night...oh, it hit me hard. It sucks to feel under the weather but it does give you time to think about really stupid things...like how my nose can run. How can the body produce that much mucus consistently? I blow my nose and in two seconds it's running again. Let me try and google it.

Can't find much...just some person's weird self-experiment with a bucket and they said they produced 0.5 gallons in a span of 24 hours.

And when you're sick...you have some crazy dreams. Tonight I dreamed I was in the Don Quijote parking lot in Kailua when this stretch Hummer pulls up and the windows roll down and it is all these random girls from my high school that I was never really friends with. And then this other car pulls up with like my best friends and they all yell surprise. Apparently, in my dream, Leilani is throwing me a surprise bachelorette party...and even my friend, Kelii, flew in all the way from North Carolina. In my dream, I remember being real confused and also trying to say out loud to no one really listening to me "but I'm sick...and I have to work tonight...i can't go clubbing..." Oh, yah, and I got married like 9 months ago. Strange dream. Like, why is Chenielle Ka`aha at my bachelorette party? I wonder what I would have done in real life if ever caught in that same situation.

This past weekend was the kids' mother's day performance. I think it was really cute...some minor glitches but a success. a funny note. My baby niece, Lauren, licked the ground in the courtyard. It was Friday night and we were sitting outside in the church courtyard after service. Lauren was licking her blanket like crazy and everyone was laughing at her. Then she wanted to walk around...then she transitioned to sitting down on the ground by my chair and then five minutes later, she just lays down and sprawls out face down. What is she doing? So I pick her up and Jenny F. tells me "ummm, keao, I think she licked the ground." Sure enough, there was a definite wet spot on the concrete. oh, that crazy little girl.

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka May 12, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

hey, that sounds similar to our experiment of how much mucus can a blanket hold? too bad it's my blanket :(

Joy May 12, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

I hope you feel better soon! I feel your pain. You definitely sound like this cold has made you a little loopy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP