Monday, May 26, 2008

HW turns 3 mo.-Memorial Day Weekend Camp



This weekend, we are having a Ignite camp out at Swanzy's Beach Park. The theme of the camp is "How Big is Your God?" I think Scott, well, it was actually Chad's theme, hit it out of the park with this theme. I love a question where just thinking about your answer is uplifting. My God is huge. He rescued me.

Dural shared about contentment..about being satisified with what you have or who you are. I liked the theme of his talk. I've always been about self-improvement, it's the reason why I spent so much of my life in education. But, there is an honest truth about recognizing and appreciating what you already have and who God has already made you to be. Pastor Ralph and Carl are taking us through a series on finances and I have to think that you can always expect more from God...but could you be satisfied and happy with the outcome of your life is this was all you ever got. I think I'm at a point that I could be.

Camp is super fun...I was real bummed that I had to leave to go to work. I learned to play risk...and come in second...although that was most likely because there were a choir of 4 deep voices that would "ahem...you don't want to do that...are you sure...if I were you..." and then of course the super deep voice saying "chill. just chill, keao." But my bold move, the infamous suicide mission of 2008 got me just enough stake in the game to outlast at least two of my opponents.

There are some fun things that I want to remember about camp.

1. Jasen and his romantic date "wall"
2. Mike and Clinton rumbling between our tent and the next camp over (the was one woman in the next camp just eyeing the whole situation)
3. Natalie and Jasen's attempts to make home-made waffles. And the fact that they tried it four times before giving up.
4. John-John's ORANGE tent...I wonder if it was an Oakley tent too.
5. the fact that we spent more time in 7-11 than actually cooking our camp supplies
(This may not be Jasen but this was his spot)
edit BW Essence
(Notice Kevin's hair and his shirt. He had to change his shirt after John-John threw that football at him and spilled Kevin's drink all over his original shirt)
edit haley 3 months twins 2 weeks 173
(Dural sharing about contentment on Sunday morning)
edit haley 3 months twins 2 weeks 180

Oh, I was real fortunate that Liz braved the wind and brought Haley all the way out to visit us. They did not spend the night despite our pleas. oh, after seeing the ch-ch twins, Haley doesn't look as tiny any more...but she was way more interactive and so cute. She's full of smiles.

(1. Love this picture of Haley...used a Michelle Black Soft Bleach-out PS action)
Color-Haley at 3 months


(2. Haley...the missing head freaks me out in this picture a little...but someone didn't


want to be in the picture)
There is something very special about Haley

(3. Haley all cuddled up...I think she has a resemblance to a younger Suri Cruise)
Haley (3 months) cuddled up at camp




Compare with:


4 comments:

Scott Sunaoka May 26, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

yeah, i can see how you think she looks like suri cruise. camp was super fun. i'll post the video of mikey and clinton later on tonight. i'm glad you got some good pictures (and i'm even more glad you came!)

keao May 27, 2008 at 5:10 AM  

hey, I just got the title on Vanity Fair. So clever. wow, that took me a really really long time.

chubbs May 28, 2008 at 7:35 PM  

i first read the "ch-ch twins" as the cha-cha twins for some reason. haha.

haley's eyes look so blue in your pictures!

keao May 29, 2008 at 3:22 AM  

I do call them the cha-cha twins...although it is phonetically pronounced shey-shey twins. hi jenny!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP