Thursday, May 29, 2008

(Ch-Ch) Pray for Chayne

Vinnie just texted me about setting up Scott to come with him on a "ride-along." Hmmm... I wonder how that will go. Not because I think Scott would be in danger but what is he going to do...just sit in the car...what if something goes down. Scott is not really a fighter. Nah, I think Scott's biggest problem would be staying up so late. I wonder how long he would last before he would want to go home and sleep. Too bad I can't follow just to watch the ride-along.

Last week, I visited my sister and the ch-ch twins who were two weeks old by then.
I had to stay and help her take them to their doctor's visit because...well, there are
two of them and one of my sister. Here's Cheyenne napping before her doctor visit.


Sleeping Cheyenne 2 weeks old


But, if you could just pray for my other niece, Chayne. Scott and I were on our way
to MiniChurch when my sister called me from the emergency room. Chayne was running
a fever and they were doing all sorts of tests on her. So, and I'm so grateful to Scott...we
just rushed over to the hospital and Scott kept Ashley company in the waiting room while
I sat in the emergency room with my sister and Chayne.

I missed most of the tests...but Cassan said she couldn't even be in the room. But we were
there while they checked her vitals and poked and prodded her. And then we had to take her
to get her chest X-rayed. The nice orderly told us to take off her little baby hospital gown so I was doing it while he started explaining this plastic tube apparatus to my sister. Chayne wasn't allowed to eat the entire time so she's crying and crying...and I'm thinking "man, mr. orderly, you're real nice but we don't really care one bit about some little part of your X-ray machine." And then I get it, she's not getting an X-ray while lying down all comfy. We had to help him do what felt like stuffing her into this upright plastic tube with her legs sticking down out of the bottom and her arms sticking up out of the top. We looked at him like he was crazy. the poor man. But, I guess they have to do it so that it holds the babies still. I still think it's outrageous and it was so hard but we did it quick, he hit the button twice and took pictures and we took her out of there. I felt so bad for her. I tried to be calm and assure my sister that it was all minor but a lot of it was hard to watch.

Because she couldn't eat, the hospital gave my sister a pacifier to give to Chayne. My sister actually had to ask for help on how to give it to the baby...I kind of laughed at that. and she kept asking why people where calling it a "binky." She is adamantly set against pacifiers. It did calm Chayne down and she sucked on that thing like there was no tomorrow. I heard Cassan lean over her and whisper "enjoy it because you are never having it again." oh, cassan.

She's doing good and her fever is down but they're keeping her in the hospital for a couple of days. So just pray that she gets completely better please.

Chayne 2 weeks old




Sleepy Chayne 2 weeks old



I was trying to google an image of the X-ray apparatus they put her in but I couldn't find it.
I did find, however, an article about a woman who put her month-old grand-baby through the X-ray machine at the airport. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-baby20dec20,0,6460373.story oh, boy.

1 comments:

Scott Sunaoka May 29, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

aww poor chayne. when i went to see her today she was still a little sad and warm. however when i saw lauren today, she took one look at me and collapsed on the ground and started to cry. hee hee. i guess she still doesn't like me.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP