Thursday, May 8, 2008

(Ch-Ch) May 7th-The Ch-Ch Twins are born

I'd like to announce my new baby nieces, the ch-ch twins.
Cheyne and her big sister Cheyenne
Chayne on the left was born second.
Cheyenne on the right was born first and they are both around
seven pounds and I have no idea how long they are.
I'm trying post these pics up as soon as possible so my sister, dad, and brother on the Big Island can all see the new grand-daughters/ nieces. I was super-tired because I worked the night before and I fell asleep at around 8:30 am only to be awaken at 11:30 am by my brother-in-law who wanted to know what certain hawaiian names meant. hmmm, can you give me a day or two and let me sleep first. But it was still worth it.
Scott and I showed up at Kapiolani Hospital around 2:30 pm...they had been born around 2:09 and 2: something. I always wondered why they just don't put the same time down for multiples.
If you watch Jon and Kate Plus 8, their twin girls are so competitive and it kills the youngest twin that her sister beat her out by four minutes. Unlike Lauren, who spent her first hour in that room with the big window and the nurses with absolutely no one but me in the hallway...these twins already had a huge audience. My mother, Faith, was there, and Deroy's sister, mom, niece, and my niece Ashley were all there. We watched them get their first bath and their vitals checked. Umm, they were still covered with some grotesque looking stuff but I took pictures anyway. I busted out my big lens and the nurse was looking at me weird and then this other nurse came out the door and asked me who I was. She was just checking that I knew the babies and wasn't a random stranger taking pictures. That hospital is really on it. They're great.
Cassan was still recovering so Mom and I fed the twins their first bottles. Mom had Cheyenne who just chewed on the nipple but didn't eat anything. I had Chayne who was sucking it up. The nurse came over and checked the bottle and she had already drank 10 mLs. So the nurse said just to feed her another 5 mL, no more than 15 mL. I didn't know how long it would take, but the next time I pulled the bottle out to check, she had already consumed almost 30 mL. Ooops, sorry, my bad. My sister, Cassan, gets really itchy from the medicine so this time she came prepared. Inside the baby bag was this heavy-duty wooden back-scratcher. Well, all the babies are healthy and it is really amazing that there are two of them. Can't get over it.
We have Lauren right now. In a few hours we are taking her to the hospital
to see the new babies. We hope it goes well. hmm, Lauren is a scrapper.

Cheyenne getting her vitals checked
(Cheyenne getting her vitals check. Because they are twins, they
are more closely monitored)

Cheyenne tasting the air
(Cheyenne looks a lot like Lauren and she already is showing an
affinity for licking things. Uh-oh, could there be two Laurens)

Sleepy little Cheyne
(Chayne, smaller and younger, is much more mellow...almost sleepy)

Cheyne sucking on anything near her mouth
(Chayne, can't you tell she's hungry..she kept trying to suck on
this monitoring bracelet they put on her wrist. They had these
little monitors on their abdomens that were in the shape of ducks)

Cheyenne
(Cheyenne-after she finally got cleaned up and put in cozy pj's)

Cheyne
(chayne-she kind of reminds me of an old chinese man)

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka May 8, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

aww so cute. i hope we don't get them mixed up. better put name tags on them.

Joy May 9, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

Congratulations Aunty Keao! They are so precious. Their fist pictures are amazing.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP