Sunday, February 22, 2009

Troy and Bow-A Valentine's Maternity Session

Who: Troy and Bow a.k.a. "Expecting Parents"
Where: Their beautiful hale on the shore of Kaneohe Bay
Oahu, Hawaii
When: February 14th, 2009, 9 am

A year or two ago, Scott and I were filmed in this little skit about couples and love life with another couple from our church, Troy and Bow. One 2 minute ditty and I still see pictures from that clip at church everywhere I turn. Now a few years later, and Troy and Bow are just a few weeks away from their first little blessing. Bow is a petite woman and I was really worried about getting too close to her due date and having her feel too uncomfortable. I didn't have to worry...she climbed on piers and sat over the water for me. She was such a trooper. And I had to be careful to pose her to show her belly because you couldn't even tell she was pregnant from a lot of angles. She photographed beautifully...absolutely beautiful. I think I have my model for any portfolio building.

I had asked them prior to the session what they planned to name their baby daughter, but I wasn't sure what the exact spelling. I was still confused when I arrived because I hadn't heard a definitive answer, and I found out why. They are still on the fence with two alternative spellings for the name. I didn't want to pressure them to make a life-long decision in the next ten minutes so...if you see multiple versions of the same shot...that's why!! And their property is right on Kaneohe Bay. Gorgeous. And windy. So when a gust of wind tossed my reflector over the wall onto the shore...I jumped over a little too hastily to retrieve it before it rolled into the water. Big mistake. Apparently, the "shore" was really just a dry crust over thick swampy mud. Oi!!! I sank to my ankles. I had to wave off Troy, the gentleman, who was moving to jump down to help me. I'm Big Island. Mud don't scare me.

Hah, I really love this one...

Two in love makes three in love
See, can YOU tell that she's pregnant?
Bow I
I almost forgot it was Valentine's Day (Scott and I are such the romantics) until I saw all the balloons Troy had set up everywhere for Bow. Aw...and he made us both breakfast.
Valentine's Maternity Session
This is them just being cutesy while I was trying to get my camera set up.
I don't think it's a surprise anymore
Look, they had such fun locations on their property.


Bow and Troy a


Look, A DOCK!!! They said I could use it anytime....sweet.
Standing at the water's edge



Waiting for that day to come



These are just my favorites.

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka February 22, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

hey how come mr troy is not smiling very much? doesn't he want to have a baby? other than that those pics are fantastic. i really like the one on the pier.

Joy February 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I love the pictures! They are so cute. The baby is going to be so beautiful. They had a great location for taking pictures. Are you taking anymore pictures soon?

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP