Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sugarbowl Ain't So Sweet

The Sugarbowl and the SuperDome:

I went to a few Boston College games but they were so long ago, I can't remember them. So this was like a new experience for me. We all sat together(except my parents who had nicer seats) with the McWilliams boys and Uncle Augie behind the field goal. I bought posterboards from Walgreens pharmacy and made signs in our hotel room. Like:

Bulldogs Can't Stop Hawaii (B.C.S. Hawaii)- but it turns out they could and they did

Hawaiian Recipe: Bulldogs + Sugar + Shoyu = Adobo (Scott's idea, it was a big hit with the fans, I had to hold it up for a couple of minutes so people in our section could take pictures of it) Turns out we ate something alright, but it wasn't the opposite team.

Imua, e na koa. We Believe. (Go forward Warriors)= And we did believe, but they didn't move forward so much as they moved backwards.

It was a depressing game but I still thought it was fun anyways. The stadium was huge and amazing. The noise was deafening. I guess it was good that we had nothing to cheer for after the first quarter because I was certain I was going to lose my voice before the game even began. And we waved our ti leaves like there was no tomorrow. Some people had the whole ti leaf plant going in their hands. There was one sad moment in the third quarter when Colt Brennan was on the offensive drive and we were screaming at the top of our lungs. Some lady came up to our group and asked us to sit down. She was wearing our team colors so it was confusing. And Brennan is still playing so we were still trying to cheer and look at the field but she kept pestering "eh, can you guys sit down or what?" We were a little distracted by the game but then she pulled out the "sheesh, where's the aloha, we cannot see." I was ready for snap but it was my pastor husband, who was wearing earphones so he did not realize how loud he was, who yelled back "we're standing cause we're fans!!! why dont' you stand?" Still, after a few more plays, the drive ended miserably and we sat down for the rest of the game.

I must say Georgia fans were very cool. They're very loud and intense, but they're not hurling trash or water bottles at us(flashback to Aloha Stadium). They didn't rub in the whooping and so, I give them props. But still, "go LSU!!"


Photo 1: Some fans have pom-poms, some fans have towels. We're earth-friendly with our ti leaves.

Photo 2: Me and my UH-crazed hubby, Scott. What the heck is that wrapped around my hand?
Photo 3: Mike, me, and Scott. Mikey was counting to three and I tried to finish my yawn by "2." Didn't I tell you that no one(namely my parents) wouldn't let me sleep my much desired 13 hours.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP