Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thinking of better times

I've had an especially bad day today...let's sum it up. I had a big test in my training today, I studied and knew everything and yet I still only "barely passed" were the words. So, I really feel like tirading out my frustration but I don't reallywant to memorialize this moment. Taking notes and moving on is the step I'm on.

I would rather think of happier and better things that made me smile this week. Like visiting my sister, who brings me much joy. Now, you may wonder why I don't have pictures of her, that is because she gives me stink eye if she ever catches me trying to lean the camera her way. But I do manage to capture my little niece Lauren. I think this pictures is funny because I added a little color with photoshop because it was looking too "blah" but now she looks like she was trying on make up.

When I was in the sixth grade, I wrote a essay about my little brother and it was entered into a statewide competition where it took honorable mention. You would think this might be enough to win the respect of my older sister and mother, but instead, they mocked the fact that I described my brother's "rosy cheeks." I know it may sound girlish, but Jordan really did have rosy cheeks. So, the next day, I went into my mother's make up bag and applied blush to my brother's cheeks....oh, the poor boy. He was only two, the poor thing had no clue...he just looked at me with those big trusting eyes.I blushed up his cheeks and sent him toddling on his way. And it was so worth it, when later that afternoon when my mother was cooking and she did a double-take as my brother walked by and exclaimed : "his cheeks really are rosy!"

"YES!!!"

But then I had to admit what I did and my brother promptly got his face washed.




I also had a laugh at Lauren...let's remind people that she has a fascination with licking fabrics...it doesn't matter where or when...pillows, blankets, couches...anything. We were at Wal-mart and Cassan went to look at the DVD's and I took the wagon to the fabric section to buy fabric for our curtains. I chose two reams and tossed them into my wagon and was looking through the clearance racks when I looked...and Lauren is sitting there in the wagon contentedly licking one of the reams of fabric. I lunged and grabbed it but there was already a big wet dark spot. "I guess I have to buy this now"
If you've been watching Project Runway, Lauren was just making a "spitmark" to measure the fabric. I've also concluded that when I have kids, I am going to be the ghetto mom. Instead of buying toys for my niece, I took her to the toy section and let her crawl around. I took down the toys she couldn't reach and made an obstacle course in the aisle and then I studied which ones she played with the longest. Who needs to buy toys for them? Just take them to Walmart every day and have them pretend they own the toys. My sister did get real mad when she found out I let her daughter crawl around on the floor in the store. Who would have figured?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP