Sunday, December 16, 2007

Rockie the Christmas Tree

Check it out...I tried to add a widget at the bottom of this page. It will email you whenever I update my blog. Let me know if it works =)

Here are pictures of our tree "Rockie" after we put our lights on last night. We had to wait until today to hang our bulbs and our whopping two ornaments. I think he is absolutely beautiful. Now it really feels like Christmas.
Hey, I just noticed...doesn't it look like the hula dancer is heralding the tree. cool.


For the past two months, I have been working with the kids in children's church during Friday nights to learn "One Way, Jesus"to sing to for our Christmas song performance. This past Friday was their performance. Boy, I wish I could put it on YouTube.They managed to start the second verse 10 seconds too early and ignored my frantically waving arms and my attempts to sign language "Slow down." So every line after that was thrown off the melody. They made it their own. I threw up my hands and laughed..what could I do, they were determined to sing it their way. And sweet little Isaiah, Pua's son, who was in Florida for the past two weeks so he never learned the hands motion. It turns out he didn't need them. The version of the song we practiced to had a guitar solo, and I guess Dane might have told him five weeks ago that he could be the star doing the guitar solo. Too bad the version we performed to didn't have that guitar solo.And apparently, it didn't matter to Isaiah, he strummed his air guitar the ENTIRE SONG. He played his heart out like he was playing the hard level on guitar hero III.
I had my very first supervised case at work today...umm, if people would just NOT do drugs or drink alcohol, then my life at work would be so much easier. Luckily, I don't think this case is going to court cause I'm hoping they don't look at my scene photos. For such a brilliant aspiring photographer, I stupidly left my camera on bracketing. Nah, it should be fine even if they actually look at the photos. Scott led worship this morning and I'm bummed that I missed it. Oh, that reminds me, we stopped by his parent's house last night and I snuck a peak at their fridge. Hmmm, no sight of our christmas card anywhere. When I brought it up, his mom ran omewhere and foraged it out of thing air. I guess we weren't granted fridge status. And there's the small possibility that she foraged it from out of the trash can.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP