Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm sorry...you are ____?

I'm thirty. I think I'm losing my memory. At first it was a big joke...I was the one who could never remember people from high school. But today, it really started to bother me...I don't remember who people are.

I loved loved loved school...probably why I went into teaching and I wish I could go back and take more college classes. But I would agree that they left out the most important life skills in education. How to small talk. How to make connections. How to understand all those deductions on your paycheck. And I definitely missed the class on how to remember people's names and faces. Seriously, such a great skill that will do you great in life.

2 comments:

Joy July 2, 2009 at 3:10 AM  

I have heard many tricks for trying to remember names but none of them work for me. Small talk can be very easy if the other person is willing to participate. If they aren't it just gets awkward. Oh well. Sometimes I think being a hermit isn't all that bad.

Scott Sunaoka July 2, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

dang, it's too bad you're not me. i'm super good at remembering names. plus, i know choke people.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP