Friday, July 10, 2009

Dancing in the halls

I just had a random thought that watching "So You Think You Can Dance" is a deadly combination when you mix in the fact that they pipe in music through all the rooms and hallways in my office building. Apparently, I now think I can dance...and I tend to do so down the hallways when I swept up by the music. I'm always in the middle of my "dance for you life" solo when some officer walks around the corner...ogh!!!

Although, I don't just think I can dance....I know I can!!!. Okay, maybe I'm losing my touch. Last month, I was hanging out with family and I decided to show my teen niece how you're really supposed to dance. My dad sweetly said "oh, keao, stop. You unfortunately inherited dance skills from me...which are zero to none." I was super indignant.

Me: "What? I can dance. Dad, I danced in high school. Don't you remember?

Dad (perplexed look)

Me: Remember? I was on the school's dance team. Ring a bell?

Dad (perplexed look not fazing)

Me: Hello. I was gone for a whole summer in high school because I was at grandma's ( on a totally different island than where we live) so I could go to the summer practices.

Dad: You did? When was this?

*sigh* Family. But anyways, just keep an eye out when doing turns down the hallway at work.

2 comments:

Scott Sunaoka July 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

reminds me of a song that says something like, dance like no one's around. i guess if you did that you could avoid any opinions altogether.

Joy July 11, 2009 at 3:05 AM  

Haha! I can see you now. I think as long as you don't get too carried away and start doing leaps and things, you should totally go for it. You can be your own musical. Spontaneously burst into song and dance. It'll be great ;)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP